Please submit changes to your approved program to the IDST Program Chair, via the on-line web form. Once the Program Chair has reviewed your requested changes, he will respond to you via e-mail to either confirm your request, or to book a meeting to discuss your proposed changes. Please read the information below before revising your program:
- Course registration requests should be communicated with the department offering that course.
- Check your degree navigator to confirm your course selection including letters in section ID to avoid mistakes or repetition.
- Please try to include all course revisions in one form instead of sending multiple forms.
Links you may find useful:
- Commerce equivalency charts can be found here.
- The credit exclusion list for courses with significant overlap can be found here.
- Credits cannot be earned towards your BA degree from upper-level courses taken outside of your approved courses in the Primary Focus area. This means we will not approve upper-level courses (e.g. ECON) outside of the approved ones (e.g. ECON) in your primary focus area.
- IDST does not allow Cr/D/F of courses within your IDST program
Please try to submit any changes ASAP as forms submitted close to the add/drop deadline could face delay in response due to high volume of requests received during that period.
Note: Please use your UBC email address if available as we’ve had issues receiving emails and submissions from some of the free email services (@me.com, @qq.com @icloud.com, etc.).